Thursday, February 3, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 02/02/11: Vet Enjoys Poetry, A.M. Grading, Jack Photos

1.  One of my students is a veteran of the war in Afghanistan, home after being shot.  He's in my Intro. to Poetry class.  We've been studying some poetry from the Middle East, primarily Israel and Palestine.  He made it a point after class to tell me how much he appreciated the way this poetry looks at the human feelings and commonalities of everyday people in the Middle East.  He explained in class earlier how much he enjoyed working with Afghani citizens on the many days he was not involved in gunfights.  He enjoyed that the poetry did not deal in stereotypes or generalities.

2.  Before class, I arrived at school around seven o'clock and graded papers for nearly three hours.  I love grading papers in the morning.  I also love teaching in the morning.  Too bad I can't teach and grade papers at the same time. 

3.  I had one last photo session with Grandson Jack and took 110 pictures.  Here are two of my favorites:



No comments: