Saturday, February 19, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 02/15/11: Conferences, Packing Sly, Faceless Photos

1.  My conferences with individual students kicked into second gear today and I was heartened that not only did my suggestions seem to be helpful, but sitting down with my students and talking about their writing and about things in their life also seemed a morale boost, seemed to be motivating.

2. I got to really start working on Christopher Sly tonight.  Among the triumphs of rehearsal:  early in the play, Christopher Sly gets carried off the stage and the youthful actors figured out how to join together and raise me over their heads and get me off stage.  I felt safe, too.  I was afraid I might have to do a 45 day P90X regimen to lose weight in order to be carried, but the boys handled me really well.

3.  I had fun taking faceless portraits, especially at rehearsal.  You can see some of them here.

No comments: