Monday, April 4, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 04/03/11: Rev. Betsy Tesi, Taxes, Taxes Again

1.  I didn't hear Rev. Betsy Tesi when she gave her sermon when she visited St. Mary's as a candidate.  This morning she gave her first sermon as our Assistant Priest.  It was a superb sermon: learned, eloquent, personal, at times funny, provocative, and illuminating.  For me, it gave new life to John 9:1-41. 

2.  After three different efforts on three different days, today, April 3rd, 2011, I finished our taxes for 2009 a year late.  They are signed, sealed, and ready to be mailed.

3.  Not only that, I only have one more bit of information to enter into our 2010 tax forms and I'll be done with these taxes.  As soon as the person responsible gives me that information, I'll submit it all and for the first time in many, many years, we will have our taxes submitted before the deadline.  What a relief to have one set all done (a year late) and to be one bit of information shy of having the others finished.

No comments: