Friday, April 15, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 04/14/11: Multiplicity, Ginger Search, Richard and Janet Loved "Shrew"

1.  It's fun for me, really a blast, to help my students enter into the multiple realities and multiple identities of characters in "Six Characters in Search of an Author".  I can see in my students' eyes that they are both stimulated and unsettled by the idea that we do not live in a single unified agreed upon reality and that that all of us are many persons in one, not unified beings.

2.  I'm on a casual search for the best dish of food in Eugene featuring ginger.  I ate a plate of Pad Ginger at Tasty Thai today and, while it was good, I was greedy for a stronger presence of ginger.

3.  Richard and Janet saw "The Taming of the Shrew" tonight and they were generous with their praise afterward.  They watched to play closely, entered into it fully, and loved all the very things about the show we hope audience will love:  its energy, clear articulation of language, physical beauty, great comic timing, terrific acting, and superb story telling.  Richard and Janet have been seeing plays for decades and to listen to their excitement was invigorating and deeply satisfying.

No comments: