Saturday, April 30, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 04/29/11: Melanie Drops By, Frank Goat Talk, Ground Chuck and Spinach and Rice

1.  It's not often I have a conversation that includes discussion of poverty, parenting, writing, photography, meth, boxing, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Sugar Ray Leonard, the Thrilla in Manilla, the Rumble in the Jungle, No Mas, Las Vegas, Reno, scholarships, financial aid, boxing promotion in Lane County, RVs, the Corvette Sting Ray, family, starting over, and a host of other things, but it happened today when Melanie dropped by my office to say hello.

2.  Sometimes I surprise myself when I'm so frank about things with JH, MM, and MB over coffee at the Wandering Goat.  I say things to them I wouldn't say anywhere else but at home.  Sometimes I startle myself that I say what I say.

3.  A pound of ground chuck.  A Texas sweet onion.  Diced celery. Brown rice from the other night.  Spinach.  Greek seasoning.  Lemon juice.  Fry up the onion and celery.  Same with the beef.  Warm up the rice and toss it in.  Great dinner.

1 comment:

Go Figure said...

RP: You should work on expanding your Wandering Goat/home commentary...