Friday, May 27, 2011

Three Beautiful Things: 05/27/11: Grooming Snug, Hiring, New Tires

1.  Snug behaved well at the groomer today.  He looks handsome.  I'm relieved that everything worked out so well.  I was disappointed when I learned St. Roni Naccarato no longer works at the PetSmart grooming shop, but Charlene and Snug hit it off and she'd love to have him come back.

2.  I worked on many hiring committees in the 90s in our department and division at LCC.  Then I decided to pull back and it's been many years since I've helped out with hiring a new faculty member into the English Department.  I'm on a committee now, we met today, and I left our first meeting kind of pumped to be doing this work again.

3.  New tires for the Honda.  It's got nearly 200,000 miles on it.  I talked to the mechanic yesterday about how long the Honda might run and he was very optimistic about the engine.  So I'm going to keep oiling it, getting belts changed, aligning it, and, today, it was new tires.  Orofino or bust!

No comments: