Monday, June 13, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/13/11: Olivia, Orange Beer, Pork Roast Dinner

1.  I had a lot of fun this morning taking pictures of Olivia.  Lots of pictures.

2.  I decided to take a trip in my memory and taste buds to Nosworthy's Hall of Fame and fixed myself a couple of orange beers, pouring Henry Weinhard's Lager and mixing in some Albertson's orange juice.  It was refreshing and took me back to January 15th when Ed, Bruce, Scott, Jake, and I had a big breakfast at Nosworthy's and I enjoyed a couple orange beers and hadn't had another since.  Until today. 

3.  I was going to roast a pork loin yesterday, but it turned out to be a better idea to do it today.  For over 24 hours the roast sat in a zip lock bag with olive oil and thyme and rosemary and a bit of Montreal Steak Seasoning.  The 24 hour soak paid off.  The roast was great:  flavorful and moist.  I also fixed Mrs. Cubbison's cornbread stuffing and some corn.  The Deke was at a school function so Molly and I had dinner together and it pleased us.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

I guess I better try this orange beer. Darn... why didn't we think of that Monday morning in Orofino? Orange beer with a Lyle's coffee chaser.