Monday, June 20, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/19/11: Trinity Cathedral, Blue Moon, Holding Hands

1.  I went to NW Portland this morning for more photo shooting, but before I really got going with the camera, I worshiped at Trinity Cathedral.  It was Trinity Sunday, confirmation Sunday, the 160th birthday of the cathedral.  A Residentiary Canon, Nathan LeRud, was installed. Icons written over the last year were blessed. Bishop Michael Hanley preached.  I had no idea I was walking into such a big deal Sunday at Trinity Cathedral. 

2.  So that I could watch the first ten holes of the U.S. Open and see how Rory McElroy performed, I went to the Blue Moon tavern for a French dip, fries, and some Hammerhead Ale.  I enjoyed watching the golf and enjoyed surreptitiously taking pictures of a father and his two sons playing pool for Father's Day.

 
 3.  I camped out for a while in front of Starbucks on NW 23rd, then walked around with my camera and took street shots, mostly of people holding hands or walking arm in arm.

No comments: