Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/24/11: Lawn Care, I-5 Poppies (Will Put Him to Sleep), Back with Bill and Diane

1.  I got out and did some lawn care this morning.  It was good to get out and see how things look and start making some plans for what needs to be worked on.

2.  It was a relief to have an eventless drive from Eugene to Ashland.  Yes, I did need to pull over into a parking lot at a state park and take a little nap, but that always happens when I drive to Ashland.  It's as if the drive down I-5 takes me through the Wizard of Oz poppies.  It has been several years since I made this drive which I used to make so much more often and I enjoyed the flashbacks and reminders of the good things that have happened on this stretch of I-5 over the years. 

3.  When I arrived at the Ashland House, Bill and Diane were on their way to hear a lecture in preparation to see "The Pirates of Penzance"; when they returned, we had some time to start conversing with each other before they went to the theater.  We hadn't seen each other since last August, when I first met Diane, and we fell right into comfortable, serious, humorous, well, scintillating conversation.  It's clear:  great weekend ahead.

No comments: