Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/25/11: Light and Shadow, Phoenix and Talent, Steak and Salad

1.  The drive to Jacksonville to Ashland was pleasant, at times, pastoral, but once in Jacksonville, I soon wearied of the "historic" street scene, not that happy with the photograph opportunities, and I turned my attention to spaces between buildings or underneath staircases and other places where light and shadow were side by side and got a lot more interested in taking pictures in Jacksonville.

2.  I enjoyed the subject matter in Phoenix, OR and Talent OR more, especially the Mobil Manor sign and Talent's combo Ace Hardware and Liquor Store.

3.  Back at the Ashland House, Bill D. broiled tri-tip steaks perfectly; I fixed a mess of bacon, onion, diced Yukon potatoes, and green beans as a side to the steaks;  Diane tossed our green salad and brought it vigorously alive with Riverhouse Greek Feta with Kalamata Olives dressing. 

No comments: