Monday, August 1, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 07/31/2011: Getting Organized, Astonishing Burn, I Think of It as Tapa Dinner....But I Dunno

1.  After taking nearly five hundred photographs on Saturday, I worked to day to organize these pictures and see what I've got.  I prepared to start posting some albums on Facebook.

2.  I haven't quite finished Timothy Egan's astonishing account of the August, 1910 fire tsunami, but it's an unforgettable book.  It's intellectually satisfying as it explore the politics of the early 20th century and emotionally nearly unbearable as Egan chronicles the suffering countless people endured during and after this fire.

3.  This afternoon the temperature began to climb a bit and I thought having bread, cheeses, pickled products, dips, and wine sounded like a good dinner idea.  Adrienne and the Deke concurred.  I bought supplies at Trader Joe's (I hadn't been for a while and thought it would be sort of fun.  It was.).  We had nearly empty bottles of wine in the house and I added a bottle of Merlot and Adrienne, Jack, the Deke, and I enjoyed the shade of the back yard and the variety of food laid out before us.  I wish I had thought to take a few photos while all the food and drink was still out.  Instead, I took some aftermath shots.  Here are some:






No comments: