Thursday, August 11, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 08/10/2011: Water Tap Stupidity, Dreamy, Hawaiian Chopped Steak Plate

1.  I thought our outdoor water faucet by the driveway wasn't working and I called the plumber.  The plumber wasn't available until later afternoon.  Good thing.  The Deke came home from an errand, took one look at the tap, flipped a lever, and that's all that needed to happen.  How embarrassed was I?  There aren't words.  I worked out my embarrassment by giving the yards a good watering.

2.  Russell and I strolled 13th Avenue and walked around the west side of campus a bit on our photo walk.  Neither one of us felt very inspired, and, yet, once I looked at the pictures I took, I liked quite a few of them.  Here's a holding hands picture that I find kind of dreamy with the dusky light and shadows and framing trees:



3.  Russell and I ate dinner at Hawaiian Time on West 11th and I tried a plate called Hawaiian chopped steak.  Marinated beef bits were stir fired with an assortment of fresh vegetables over sticky rice with another clump of sticky rice on the side and a serving of macaroni salad.  I loved this meal. 



No comments: