Friday, August 12, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 08/11/2011: Hip Shots, Not from the Hip, PF


1.  In basketball it would be called a "no look" pass.  When taking pictures, it's called "shooting from the hip".  I went downtown for some spicy pork noodles at Noodle Bowl, and experimented, shooting from the hip, while I strolled around town.  In this one, I was actually sitting not far from the woman whose picture I took, my camera at about waist level.  I liked this one because of the woman and I was happy the man taking pictures also made it in the shot.


2.  As I walk around Eugene with my camera around my neck (not shooting from the hip), every once in a while someone will ask me to take his picture (so far it's only been men who have asked).  This man asked me today, on the south side of the Kiva, the side facing 11th.  I was happy to comply.  I took the picture in color and made a black and white version when I returned home:




3.  It's been a long time since I've seen PF and I ran into him at Albertson's and enjoyed him telling me that he was in San Francisco over the weekend and enjoyed the Phillies and the Giants' games.  I had known Mark Watson took the train down for games, but didn't know PF was with him.  (I think their wives went, too.)

No comments: