Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 08/16/2011: Short Excursion, Whitebird Saloon, China Bend Winery

1.  Mom, IEG, Silver Valley Girl, Ev, and I loaded ourselves into two cars and drove up the west side of Roosevelt Lake to Northport, WA and came back on the east side of the lake.  Gorgeous water, mountains, weather:  a very relaxing outing.

2.  In Northport, we stopped at the Whitebird Saloon and Eatery for burgers, fish and chips, French dip, breaded oysters, and fish and chips.  I'm not sure what the others ate.  I enjoyed a couple of glasses of Okanogan Ale, a Scotch Ale brewed at Northern Ale in Kettle Falls.  I really enjoyed the service (as well as the food and beer).  Here's our server.  I can't remember her name.  Mom thinks it might have started with an 'R'.











3.  After the Whitebird, we visited the China Bend Winery.   The winery sits near the water at the bottom of a rather long driveway, nestled among the pine trees.  The grounds are gorgeous and the wines were good.  I didn't taste any wine I enjoy more than the red wines of Oregon, but it was fun to give the reds at China Bend a try.  My picture taking at China Bend was a bit uneven, but here a few that worked all right.






No comments: