Monday, October 3, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 10/01/11: Jiffy, Meeting, Amber

1.  I like going to Jiffy Market and today I picked up my first cinnamon doughy Pershing sort of thing for many months and grabbed a cup of coffee and enjoyed the slow manner of the checker and relished the junky, casual environment of the store.

2.  Our English department's full time faculty met at Jeff's house to talk about department stuff away from campus and at a time when nothing related to school could interrupt us and before I went to Jeff's I bought a bag of six bottles of wine for the Deke and Scott W. saw me and wondered if he could come to my house and I told him I was headed to a department meeting, letting him believe that's what the wine was for, but even though the wine wasn't for the meeting, the meeting did feature a case of Ninkasi IPA (I didn't drink any...it's not the kind of beer I enjoy) and I knew that Scott got the right impression of our meeting, even though he didn't see the right form of alcohol. 

3.  When I got home from the meeting I wound down a bit with a 22 oz bottle of Oakshire Amber Ale, a gorgeous beer to look at when held to the light and an easy, pleasing, tasty beer to drink.

No comments: