Sunday, October 9, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 10/08/11: Breakfast at St. Mary's, Photo Walk, Casserole

1.  We served about 150 or more hungry people at the St. Mary's Saturday Breakfast.  I served bacon and sausage and toast and a number of those who came for a plate of eggs, potatoes, meat, oatmeal, grits, gravy, juice, coffee, and, for some, pancakes, expressed sincere gratitude.  I'm sure I've mentioned before that this free breakfast is a twice a month occasion.  We don't turn anyone away.  Troublemakers get served outside.  The church has been offering this breakfast for about twenty years.

2.  Russell and Samantha and I went on a photo walk in the Whiteaker neighborhood, starting at the Wandering Goat and making out way to the Red Barn area and back to the car again.  I tried out my new lens and had an exhilarating time and hoped that Samantha enjoyed touring this neighborhood and all of its vitality.

3.  The Deke was going to make meatloaf for dinner, but she decided to take the pasta sauce I had just made and some frozen leftover sloppy Joe sauce I made long ago and combine it with some macaroni.  It was a superb casserole.  I love meatloaf, but this casserole was even better on this day. 

No comments: