Sunday, December 4, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 11/28/11: Rumi Readings, Pork Chops, Rest

1.  My World Lit. students arranged themselves so they could all see each other and, one by one, different students volunteered favorite poems of theirs by Rumi and we worked to come to a better understanding of his mysticism and mysteries.

2.  I'd asked the Deke what she'd like for dinner and she requested pork chops and quinoa and green salad.  I bought thick pork chops, with the bone, and found a box of quinoa with a spice packet in it and thought I'd give it a try.  It worked.  The Deke and I both liked the boxed quinoa and, Samantha, who said she doesn't usually like pork, really enjoyed her pork chop.  That made me very happy.

3.  About this time, the weight of the academic term begins to assert itself and so I need to get some extra sleep and tonight I went to bed really early and welcomed the added rest.

No comments: