Sunday, November 4, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/03/12: Tweeker Didn't Harm Us, Wonton Soup, Porter/Stout Split

1.  The tweeker Russell and I encountered at Grant and 11th and then in the Yi Shen parking lot didn't harm us.  That was the good thing.  But, his threatening manner, paranoia that we were cops or someone else following him and photographing him, and the string of vile profanities and gay slurs he shouted at us persuaded us to get in the car and find a more peaceful locale to take pictures.  We left the tweeker crouched over his backpack in the alley that runs on the north side of  Pit Stop, USA.  We went to the Eugene Masonic Cemetery, by the way, and when we were done shooting, we returned to Yi Shen for lunch, with the stated understanding that if the tweeker was still haunting the parking lot, we'd go to Hawaiian Time.  He wasn't around.  Maybe the cops or InCahoots got him off the streets. Next time, I'm calling 911.  I should have today.

2.  The wonton soup I ordered at Yi Shen was peerless, especially the sesame taste in every spoonful, in every bite of meat and wonton.

3.  The Deke and I relaxed this evening with the help of splitting a bottle of  Hop Valley Vanilla Infused Porter and a bottle of Rogue's Shakespeare Stout.  I like splitting these bottles.  It's just enough beer to relax me and to give me the pleasure of its good taste.

No comments: