Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/05/11: Fall Stroll, Bagel Sit Down, Beer Enjoyment

1.  I had a great time wandering around the neighborhood again, taking pictures of the colors of fall within three to four blocks of my house.  Here's one: 


2.  I decided I wanted to sit outside Sweet Life and take some black and white pictures.  None of them is really worthy of posting, but I sure enjoyed my cup of coffee and raisin bagel with cream cheese.

3.  The Deke called me from Cornucopia and I rushed over and we enjoyed a hummus plate and a plate of hot wings and I relaxed with a Barn Owl Brown Ale and then switched to the soothing refreshment of Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen.  Later, I dropped in at Sixteen Tons, knowing Jesse was working, and enjoyed, at his recommendation, a pint of Walnut Belgian Porter from the Commons Brewery in Portland.  It was a porter unlike I'd ever had.  I'd never tasted a Belgian Porter and it was a most satisfying surprise. 

No comments: