Friday, November 16, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/14/12: Taking Pictures, Sweet Change, Burger Talk



1.  Lots of morning November light moved me to walk around the Whitaker neighborhood and take some pictures. 



 2.  Funny how things change.  For the longest time, I didn't enjoy going into Sweet Life. And it's so close to me, and so good!  I really think it had to do with a guy who worked the counter there several years ago who had a really loud voice and his voice gave me a headache.  To be fair, I think this was related to some of the sensitivity to noise I suffered post-meningitis, but, still, I avoided Sweet Life for years.  Recently, I've begun to go in for a bagel and a coffee and I've found the counter help most solicitous, their voices quiet, but not New Agey quiet, and the coffee delicious.  Funny how things change. 

3.  Burger and brew night at Billy Mac's and the Deke and I wound down together and had a good talk about our day and our lives. 


No comments: