Thursday, November 22, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/21/12: Varied Weather Photo Stroll, Soup Nation, Stu Saves the Day

1.  Dodging raindrops, enjoying sunlight, marveling at the changes in light, I walked from home to the Fifth Street Market and back, taking pictures, enjoying myself, relaxing.  Here's one I haven't posted anywhere.  I just discovered this spiral fire escape at a local bed and breakfast today.  I've been walking by it for years and just noticed it today.  I'm going to try to take better pictures of it on future strolls. 


2.  Rain poured down and I wanted soup and went to Soup Nation for a hearty and most satisfying bowl of mushroom barley soup.  I was happy for friend and former student (wow! at least twenty years ago) that the place was bustling with customers. 

3.  I stopped in at Rogue Public House for some stout and while I was enjoying my beer, I had to figure out how to endure a nearby non-stop talking blowhard.  I hoped and prayed Scott Stuart was available via texting so I dropped him a line explaining the situation and it led to about fifty minutes or so of back and forth about legendary blowhards we have known, fantasies of what I felt like doing to this guy, and a lot of good laughs.  Roasted Oatmeal Stout and then Shakespeare Stout (on nitro) plus cathartic texting with Stu made what could have been a chalk board scratching hour at the pub a lot of fun. 

No comments: