Monday, November 26, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/25/12: Delta Ponds (Again), Deke's Casserole, Dead Legacy

1.  I will return to Delta Ponds as often as I can and find new ways to use my camera and become more deeply knowledgeable about my handful of lenses.  Today, I had a great time using my Vivitar 200 mm lens, zeroing in on an egret, some plants, some reflections, and a particular bridge and its nearby boulders.  I also tried and tried to take a good picture of these bare trees.  As with everything I did today, I had to use my feet a lot, had to get more acquainted with my tripod's mechanics, and had to be very patient.  Here's the best I could do:



2.  The Deke's takeover of the kitchen continued this evening as she prepared a scrumptious turkey, butternut, barley, red pepper, onion, and feta cheese casserole.  Mystikal good.

3.  That New Yorker article surveying the history of the Grateful Dead and accounting for what's happening with the vault and their show music these days was enjoyable.   I've never been a Dead jock and all the names related to Dead history always fail to stick with me, but I enjoy their music, flawed as it can be, and reading about the band and what they thought of themselves and what others think of them. 

No comments: