Sunday, November 25, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/24/12: Market, Quiet, Ginger Whiskey

1.  Rain made outside picture taking next to impossible (for me...), so Russell and I went to the indoor Farmers Market and, briefly, to the Saturday Market.  Overall, I struggled with taking any very good pictures.  I did, however, like the clarity of this shot of Russell waiting for our mushy vegetables and kind of oily rice and flat chutney at the Afghani food both:


2.   I spent a few hours alone at home.  For much of that time the dogs were quiet.  The neighborhood was quiet.  No louts were talking loudly in the alley on their way from the mall to the park.  No one was blowing leaves.  I sat in the chair in the living room after looking at the pictures I took, and fell into a nap.  While I was asleep, Oregon scored four touchdowns and extended a 20-17 lead to 48-17.

3.  I brought home a pint of Jack Daniels for the Deke and a pint of Jameson's for me.  I somehow imagined that a drink I'd never fixed before would hit the spot:  a Jameson's Ginger Whiskey.   I was right.  It was refreshing and relaxing and helped extend the ease of my day.

No comments: