Monday, December 3, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/28/12: New Route, Cornucopia Warmth, Clay on Jefferson

1.  I went on a different route than ever before when I took a photo walk today. I headed south from 13th and zigzagged in the neighborhood bordered by 13th and 17th between Jefferson and Lincoln.  It was fun.  The Amazon Creek in its mediocrity, with its remains of the day, cuts through this area.  I liked photographing it, as well as gardens, home fronts, and, when lucky, some people.  About the remains of the day: 


2.  I called the photo walk the Cornucopia walk because I went to the Cornucopia tavern before retracing my steps and returning home:  grilled cheese and celery soup and a couple glasses of Oakshire's Milky Way Chocolate Milk Sweet Stout.  It was a warming meal -- it was also warming to run into Kirk and meet Christina.

3.  I was walking home down Jefferson and I heard someone call my name. It was Clay!  Over on the porch of the McNail-Riley house!  He was getting ready to lead a meeting and he showed me the fine interior of the house and told me about his project and we had a splendid conversation.  What a fine surprise!

No comments: