Sunday, December 9, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 12/08/12: Breakfast Spirits, More Delta Ponds, Margarita Break

1.  Mike, Jim, and I kept our morale high and helped the hungry people we served breakfast to feel welcome as we dished out eggs, potatoes, sausage, and toast at this morning's Saturday Breakfast.

2.  Russell and I went to Delta Ponds and took pictures for an hour and a half or so.  I struggled a bit with my 200 mm Vivitar lens and the tripod and was more comfortable when I mounted my 50 mm autofocus lens on the camera.  I liked a lot of my pictures.  I wished I had had my 200 mm lens mounted when a heron was near the walking trail, sitting still, unperturbed my people and dogs walking by.  But, with the lens I had, I created a set of silhouetted pictures of the heron, like this one:

 3.  I got done grocery shopping and decided to stop in see what was happening at Billy Mac's where things were moderately busy and I had a refreshing margarita and some pleasant chat with Cathy.  Ever since I moved to Eugene in 1979, I've wanted a bar I could rely on for a place to relax, watch a ball game, have a drink, possibly a bite to eat, and where I could shoot the breeze with the people working there.  Billy Mac's has turned into just the place I've always wanted.  

No comments: