Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 12/03/12: Kitchen Pep, Blazer Eruption, Derrick's a Good Dude

1.  My busy weekend left me moving slowly this morning, so I got myself pepped up by diving into the mess in the kitchen and getting dishes taken care of and things straightened kind of got me going.

2.  When the Blazers' Luke Babbit knocked down a 3 with 22 seconds left, tying the Bobcats, and, as it turned out, sending the game into overtime, the patrons at the bar at Billy Mac's erupted with whoops and high fives and the whooping continued as the Blazers went on to win.  Yes!  I said, "Erupted!"  For a game on December 3rd against the Bobcats!  Wow!  These are passionate fans.  If I hadn't had my senses about me, I'd have thought it was June and the Blazers had just won a playoff game.

3.  Derrick didn't have to help John.  It wasn't his shift.  He was just sitting at the bar, cap turned backward, enjoying a drink and watching the Blazers.  But, Billy Mac's got slammed and, being the good dude he is, Derrick jumped into action, like a volunteer fireman, and helped John serve the restaurant. 

No comments: