Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 12/11/12: Sheets, Whiskey and 7UP, The Wardens

1.  Lazy day II:  I changed the sheets on my bed.

2.  I went to Billy Mac's and, for the first time in decades, I drank a couple of Seagram's 7 and 7 UP.  To be fair, I think Billy Mac's serves Sierra Mist and think my second drink was Canadian Club, not Seagram's 7.  No matter.  It was Canadian whiskey, my favorite, and it was carbonated lemon lime soda pop, a great mixer with Canadian whiskey.

3.  After the whiskey, it was off to Sixteen Tons to meet with the Senior Warden and the Junior Warden.  They were delayed by matters of gravity at the Vestry meeting, so I had drunk two half pints by the time they arrived:  Burnside Sweet Heat and Giganitic's Ume Umai and closed out with an old favorite of mine:  a half pint of Gigantic's  The Royale.  The beer was delicious and debriefing with the Senior and Junior Warden only enhanced a splendid evening.  

1 comment:

Gathering Around the Table said...

We are in "big trouble" at our house. We decided to try whiskey and have found some we REALLY like. Black Velvet has a caramel whiskey that is very good. Everett has tried tonic water with his whiskey. I do like diet coke. I think I like the Canadian blends the best too, but I really haven't done the world tour yet. lol.