Friday, December 14, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 12/12/12: Delta Stroll, Fellow Delta Strollers, Stroll to Billy Mac's

1.  I hopped on the city bus and rode to Delta Ponds for a stroll with my camera.  I thought my Sigma 18-200 mm lens might be a good one for taking pictures out there and I was correct.  I was especially pleased that I was able to take pictures of a heron from relatively close range:


2.  As I go out to Delta Ponds more often, I talk with more people, usually about birds.  Mostly I listen.  I don't know much about birds.  I enjoy them, though, and I enjoy the people who tell me that this egret is over here or that heron is near the bank and so on.  Today, I had a very pleasant chat with these two women who were excited about the birds they observed and the pictures they were taking:



3.  I walked a lot at Delta Ponds, walked home from the bus, and then walked to Billy Mac's to meet up with the Deke and we had a good conversation over wine (Deke) and 7 and 7s (me) before coming home and eating the Thanksgiving leftover we froze back on November 22nd. 

No comments: