Friday, January 25, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 01/21/13: Where's Hiram?, Inauguration Day, Back to Eugene

1.  The NBC camera scanned the President's Own Marine Corps Band and I saw the euphonium section, but the camera was too far away -- and Mom's tv screen is too small (I think) -- for me to pick out my son-in-law, Hiram, as he played at the Inauguration.

2.  All these years -- ten inaugurations since I started voting in 1972 -- and this was just the first, but possibly second, inauguration I have ever watched and I enjoyed it thoroughly -- I'll have to try to plant myself in front of a tv or a computer screen and watch another one in 2015.

3.  The flights back to Eugene went well after some concern that we might not land in Eugene because of fog.  I loved my trip away and I loved being back in the house with the Deke, getting back to the familiar rhythms of life in Eugene. 

No comments: