Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 01/28/13: Picture Memories, 4th of July Heat Memories, Helpin' Pat

1.  I continued re-editing pictures all though the day and enjoyed the great memories of walking in Brooklyn and Manhattan, trying to make good pictures.  Luckily, even the pictures I took that aren't very good are full of good memories.

2.  I spent a ton of time with maps of Brooklyn trying to retrace my steps on July 4, 2012, under the duress of intense heat, as I walked around Gowanus, Carroll Gardens, and a little bit into Red Hook.  I enjoyed the pictures I took and remembered with some pain and some fondness the predicament I was in when I walked to the Smith/9th MTA station, only to have a guy I asked for help tell me it was closed.  Making my way to the closest operating station was hard work, but I did it.

3.  Pat and I worked out a good way for me to help him and Ellen with their upcoming trip to Stanford for Ellen's surgery.

No comments: