Sunday, February 10, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/09/13: Delta Ponds Again!, Yakisoba Delight, Turner's in Town

1.  Back to Delta Ponds.  Russell and I decided to do our picture taking stroll out there and we had a great time.  Particularly fun for me was getting the closest I've been to an egret and to observe its dining habits and utter quickness at snatching food from brushy overgrowth in the water.  This picture isn't perfectly sharp, but here's the egret with a snack in his beak:


2.  Russell and I hadn't been to Yi-Shen for a while.  I loved returning.  My plate of yakisoba noodles with bbq pork, chicken, and tofu was deeply satisfying, better than any yakisoba I've had anywhere else.  For me, I think, the key is that the noodles are not dry and have a tastiness I compare to fat or oil applied just right.  I'm no culinary reviewer, so I don't have the right language.  Yakisoba noodles at Yi-Shen suit my taste buds perfectly.

3.  Terry Turner was in town today and we found an hour or so to get together and stopped in at Falling Sky for some beer.  Really good beer.  I drank a pint of Black Alley Stout, an easy, low alcohol Irish styled ale and a superb pint of Upright Brown on the nitro.  I love brown ale and this one was a little sweet, easy to drink, and most refreshing.  I also learned more about fishing in sixty minutes shooting the breeze with Terry than I had known before in my whole life.  That, too,  was fun.

No comments: