Thursday, February 14, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/13/13: Please Depress, Solemn Ash Wednesday, 16 Tons Cafe

1.  Here's hoping the accelerator doesn't refuse depression any longer.  I took the car to the shop and they did some cleaning and lubing and the hope is that the throttle doesn't harden again.

2.  The St. Mary's noon Ash Wednesday service was sobering and solemn.  It wasn't just the focus on how we've all come from dust and will return to dust; it was also the self-examination that resulted from the extended confession of sins.  It makes it very hard for me to toss rocks.  My house is glass.  All glass.

3.  The Deke and I almost never go to the 16 Tons Cafe and today, after some shopping, we relaxed over wine and, for me, a superb and refreshing 12 oz bottle of Great Divide Colette and a less satisfying half pint of Agrarian Chronic D'Photic -- the tap list listed it as a Farmhouse Ale, but with further research after I drank it revealed that RateBeer identifies it as a Black IPA.  If it's the latter, that would explain why it was a bit too hoppy for my full enjoyment. 

No comments: