Friday, February 8, 2013

Three Beautiful Thngs 02/07/13: Recognized at LCC, Recognized at Cornucopia, An Old Friend at Billy Mac's

1.  I come into the coffee bar in the health building every Tuesday and Thursday when I get off the bus for a raisin bagel and a 12 oz cup of coffee.  The barista recognizes me now and we share smiles, a friendly word or two, and sometimes a chuckle.

2.  I like to go to Cornucopia after my Thursday classes end and Steve recognizes me now and today he wondered, as I stepped in the door, if he could get a margarita going for me and I appreciated that, but today I wanted a glass of Epic Brewing Company's 825 State Stout. 

3.  I like to go to Billy Mac's on Thursday after I've been to Cornucopia.  At Billy Mac's, not only do Derrick and Cathy and Amber and John and Billy recognize me, but they treat me like a good friend and, tonight, Derrick practically had the 7 and 7 in the cocktail shaker before I could sit down with Deke at the bar.  He mixes a good one with muddled lime.  Our visit to Billy Mac's was made all the more satisfying by the food:  the Deke and I split an Asian salmon special and I loved how Billy rested the salmon fillet on a bed of hot and sour cucumbers.  Perfect. 

No comments: