Sunday, March 3, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/28/13: High Street Redux, Sixteen Tons Perfection, Early Release

1.  I had such an enjoyable time at High Street on Wednesday that I went back today to try some other beers and wait for the Deke to be finished with school stuff.  I enjoyed a Hammerhead cask, a pint of Devil's Bitter, and a glass of Californian. 

2.  The Deke and I met at Sixteen Tons and it was just about perfect.  Abi was working the taps and she's smart, fun, and funny; I didn't talk with her much, but enjoyed out little bit of back and forth.  Jessie, whom I hadn't seen for quite a while, strolled in and he and the Deke and I had great conversation and I really enjoyed a pint and a half of Agrarian's Small Axe stout on the Nitro tap.

3.  This afternoon opened up for me because my WR 115 sections had short class meetings.  I wanted to make sure they understood my expectations for their next writing project and then I told them that there wasn't much use sitting around talking about their writing.  I sent them off to do it.  I look forward to the results. 

No comments: