Monday, March 4, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 03/03/13: Bracing Stroll, SundAle Afternoon, Mess of Beans

1.  I had a bracing walk out at Delta Ponds under clear skies in a stiff breeze.  I took a few pictures and did a lot of thinking about stuff.

2.  The Troxstar texted me while I was on my bracing walk and we met at Falling Sky where I enjoyed some quiche, a glass of The Dozens Extra Pale (for some reason I enjoyed its hoppiness...I don't usually want my beer quite this bitter, but it worked), a pint of Golden Glacier (easy, refreshing) and a glass of my current favorite at Falling Sky, Reelin in the Oats.  It was a perfect after quiche beer.  I enjoyed this session of yakking and ale quaffing with the Troxstar.  (Later we went up to the 16 Tons cafe for a glass of farmhouse ale:  The Bruery Saison de Lente to be exact.  Another tasty and refreshing ale.)

3.  The Deke put together a mess of white beans, ground beef, spinach, tomatoes, Greek seasoning and I'm not sure what else in a pot and cooked it up and it was as good of food as I've eaten.  It wasn't like chichi chef foody good, it was more like straight shooting, no bullshit, peasant food good.

No comments: