Saturday, June 1, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/31/13: Breaking the Fast, Clarifying Memories, Charming Writing

1.  I broke my blood draw fast with a power muffin and a cup of coffee at Chase Garden cafe.

2.  I finished two more posts about the couple of weeks or so leading up to Dad's death and got some much needed help from Christy about some facts I was mixed up about.  On the one hand, I want to be accurate to my memory of things, knowing that it means I'm writing subjectively; on the other hand, I would like to keep a few objective facts straight.  For example, I want to be accurate about the fact that our whole family went to Prichard -- without Christy's help, I wasn't sure -- and with her help, it came back to me. 

3.  My fortune cookie today told me that my writing is charming. 

1 comment:

Desert Diva said...

I'm sorry I haven't commented on the posts about your father - but even though I lost mine years ago it's too "raw" for me.

(The fortune cookie was "spot on!") :-)