Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 06/11/13: Being a Student, Lawnmowers Fixed, It's Troxstar Time

1.  So I'm helping out the interview committee by playing the role of an LCC student in a mock conference with each candidate.  One candidate told the committee she thought I really was a student and was really the one who had written the paper we discussed.  Another faculty member on the committee told me that when I play this role he finds himself forgetting it's me and really believing I'm the student I've created.  This all makes me very happy, mostly because I'm doing the job I was asked to do in helping out this committee.

2.  Both my lawnmowers had minor problems that needed attention and Mme. Troxstar, who has helped the Deke and me in several such situations, cheerfully came over and did some taking off here and some tightening there and presto!:  both lawnmowers are functioning.  Now I just need to put them to use. 

3.  I met the Senior Warden, a.k.a. the Troxstar, at Falling Sky for a beer after vestry and it was a good time, although it was time to get on home before we quite finished solving the world's problems.  We got about as far as the pros and cons of brewing beer at home. 

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Hi Ray, just thought I would stop by and tell you, I was thinking of you and your wife today... was doing yard work to the cd of the children... that your wife did.. still love it.. tell her thank you again..
Hope all is well with the two of you.