Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 06/18/13: More Flowers, Family Fun, It's Never Simple with LaBron James

1.  I made a dent in that mountain of soil Rexius delivered yesterday and worked soil into some bare areas in the front and bought a whole bunch of new flowers at Gray's and got them in the ground.  I really like asters, cone flowers, shasta daisies, and black-eyed Susans and look forward to these great flowers maturing and blooming.

2.  I heard from the Deke and her report about how much fun she is having with her brother and his kids made me really happy.  She also figured out how to turn on the television system.  She doesn't get much practice with that in our home!

3. Game 6 of the NBA playoffs was tense, exciting, unpredictable, complicated, and, in short, epic.  I will be happy no matter who wins Game 7.  I enjoy both of these teams.  But, the chief fascination for me is LaBron James.  Israel Gutierrez at espn.com helped me think more clearly about my fascination.

Here's what Israel Gutierrez had to say: "LeBron rose up for another 3 that would've tied the game. That one missed, though, because LeBron's storylines are never quite that simple, are they?"

I've been thinking this very thing for the last few weeks, without saying it so well. LaBron James did everything last night. He scored big shots. He missed a big shot. He dished out 11 assist. He had two turnovers in the last minute. It's never simple with LaBron James.

He's different. His story is his own. It's not like anyone else's in the Association, past or present. And it's got a long ways to go, this week and over the next several years.

No comments: