Saturday, June 22, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 06/21/13: Plant Bandit, Miso and Sushi, Christie and McCallum

1.  I mean it's not a big deal.  But, still.  I hate it when I have a plant plucked, roots and all, from my flower spots in front of the house and I hated it this morning when I discovered someone had stolen a zinnia.   Do any of you who grow flowers have specific plants that nearly die and need resuscitation?  This was one of those plants in my triangle garden and my efforts worked.  It went from the brink of death to being vital.  Well, I replaced it with a cosmo.  It adds a little more variety both in plant and color to my triangle garden.  Honestly, I wish whatever knuckleheads over the years have swiped planters, stolen flowers, and plucked plants from my gardens would stop  -- but they don't, and I don't stop planting.

2.  Russell and I had a really good lunch at Pure.  I went with a bowl of miso and the chef's sushi special and the variety of tastes was a great pleasure.  It was a very relaxing lunch.

3.  Nicole and Zoe came over and met the dogs and everyone got along great and I celebrated by going over to Billy Mac's for a cup of clam chowder and a cheeseburger and some scotch whiskey and some IPA.  The place crazy busy so there wasn't much time to shoot the breeze with the help, so I enjoyed being quiet, watching UCLA defeat North Carlonia in the College World Series, and listening to Christie and McCallum cover Merle Travis, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Stevie Nicks, and a variety of other artists in a way that put that kind of half-smashed, nostalgic, stare nowhere look on my face. 

No comments: