Thursday, August 22, 2013

Three Beautful Things 08/21/13: Responses to 2001, Back to Lone Pine Farm, Peanut Sauce

1.  Posting my first thoughts on my blog, here, about 2001:  A Space Odyssey led to others posting their thought and responses, mostly on Facebook, in a very enjoyable way.  It's a movie that just doesn't readily drift out of one's mind or memory.

2.  It's a fifteen minute drive or so.  The downtown Farmer's Market is much closer.  Nonetheless, for some mysterious reason, I prefer driving out to Lone Pine Farm to pick up peaches and nectarines and lemon cucumbers and tomatoes and other produce and beamed inside as I did so today.

3.  I stir fried onion, mushrooms, peas in the pod, zucchini, broccoli, and red cabbage to serve over couscous and then, with some tips from the Deke, I made my first peanut sauce.  It was a bit milder than I prefer, but the Deke liked it and so did I and there's plenty of room for experimenting.

No comments: