Sunday, August 4, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 08/03/13: Lone Pine Farms and DWEHCA , A Bit More Color, Stir Fried Noodles and Vegetables

1.  For a change of pace, I drove out to Lone Pine Farms instead of going to the downtown Farmers' Market, and, among other things, bought a Honey Crisp apple about the size of grapefruit and enjoyed its crisp sweetness as I drove home.  It gave me so much pleasure that I might have been a danger on the road.  Maybe I should be careful about DWEHCA (Driving While Eating a Honey Crisp Apple).

2.  I decided I wanted more color in two spots and bought some flowers at Gray's.  Two of the flowers went in a part of the garden where there used to me a gravel rock path and I removed a bunch of rock from that spot with some hard shoveling.  I was worth it.  The Black-eyed Susan and lavender Aster make that spot look much better.  Then I fertilized the front lawn.

3.  After I stir fried some Walla Walla sweet onion, tofu, broccoli, cabbage, peas in the pod, and zucchini, I boiled and fried some Chinese noodles in sesame oil, put peanut sauce over the mixture, and had a great dinner.  This is a great time of year to not be eating meat at home for the sake of my kidneys. 

No comments: