Friday, August 9, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 08/08/13: The Peasant Glenn, Singapore Noodles, Angelo's Dashes

1.  This morning I played the peasant, Glenn.  I used one of the Deke's crutches from when her knee gave out and tried to convey Glenn's poverty and his gratitude to Queen Margaret for her kindness and how it paralleled Jesus on the night of the Last Supper washing the feet of his disciples.  When Glenn shared that Queen Margaret washed his dirty and wounded feet, several children shared how they had wounds, too, mostly from bug bites.  I wasn't expecting their spontaneous participation. 

2.  It's been quite a while since I've been to Yi Shen.  Russell and I had dinner there this late afternoon and I was reminded how much I like their Singapore noodles with pork and, for the first time, I ordered chicken pot stickers...also delicious.

3.  After Russell and I went for a picture taking walk in the west University area, I sauntered over to the Pour House for a Biopiracy Best Bitter and Angelo, who is always great to me over there, poured me five tasters: a wheat lager, two other bitters, a rye lager, and an adjunct wheat beer.  I don't know if I've ever sampled so much variety in a single sitting and it left me even more impressed with the beer making skills of Falling Sky brewmasters. 

No comments: