Monday, August 12, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 08/11/13: Wildlife Refuge, Snapping Away, Carol Arrives

1.  Everett, Christy, and I took a drive through the Pend Oreille Wildlife refuge where we saw no wildlife, where Potter's Pond was dried up, as well as McDowell Lake and Bayley Lake, but where we had good conversation and did our best to take some good pictures.

2.  Once back to Christy's, I continued to get serious about trying to break out of my picture taking slump and I'm thinking the light in Christy's house, the golden light of early evening, and all of Christy's flowers and her gardens might have helped snap me out of it.  I won't know until I really look at the pictures in Eugene, but I'm hopeful.

3.  The Sibling Outing can now happen.  Carol arrived.  She got settled in and we enjoyed dinner on the deck:  stuffed zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, chips, and salsa.  Good food and good laughs.

No comments: