Sunday, August 25, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 08/24/13: Loading Up, Blue Jasmine, Delicious Dinner and Easy Talking

1.  I loaded up on fruits and vegetables and other household necessities with a trip north, to the Delta MOC and to Lone Pine Farm. 

2.  I went out of my way to read nothing about "Blue Jasmine", a recently released movie written and directed by Woody Allen and featuring Cate Blanchett.  I even managed not to see a single trailer.  I saw the movie this afternoon at the Classic Bijou and am I ever glad I went to it totally ignorant and experienced its full force without warning of what was coming.  As the credits rolled, I was speechless and immobile.  I will detail my experience in separate blog post soon. (For my friends who go to movies to escape or for pure entertainment, I gotta say, don't go to this one.  It's not an escapist movie and it examines pain and is painful.  You would be making the same mistake my mom and dad made in 1966/7 in Spokane when they went to see "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf".)

3.  The Deke and I strolled two blocks to the Falling Sky Pour House Delicatessen and she loved the chicken soup she ordered, declaring it the best ever, and I couldn't eat my Rubin (their spelling) slowly enough.  I really don't have words for how delicious the corned beef tasted...it had to do with fat, I'm pretty sure of that....it had to do with chunks that were almost crunchy, but not . . . I don't know...I don't need to say it right...I loved it.  Our beers were good.  We sat at the bar and talked with ease.  What a great dinner!

No comments: