Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 08/26/13: Tree Trimming, Ninkasi Brews a Cream Ale!, Good for the Kidneys

1.  When those tree trimmers from Sperry's come over and remove dead branches from the honey locust and trim up some unwieldy branches on other trees and shrubs growing in our yard, I enjoy the results.  I always feel a lot better about the little world I live in and the world at large when they their work is finished.

2.  I enjoyed a brisk stroll over to Cornucopia where I met up with the Deke and discovered that Ninkasi, unknown to me, brews a Cream Ale.  I ordered with a nagging fear that it might be overhopped, but no! It wasn't!  It was creamy, tasty, easy to drink, and a great find.  We each enjoyed a beer and came home.

3.  Since focusing my cooking at home entirely on food easy on my kidneys, my in-house diet has become vegetarian.  Tonight I introduced the Deke to the very simple stir fry I make:  onions, broccoli, cabbage, zucchini, sweet peas in the pod, red pepper, and mushrooms on top of soba noodles fried in sesame oil.  The Deke mixed a teaspoon of peanut butter in hers with a little soy sauce.  I just had a little soy sauce on mine (keep the sodium low).  We both enjoyed our dinner a lot.  This made me happy knowing that we both are enjoying my good to the kidneys meals. 

No comments: