Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 03/31/14: Ice It -- Stay Off It, More Sumo Wrestler Hot Pot, The Deke is Back

1.  Instead of putting off things like this, like I do too often, I went to Urgent Care first thing this morning to have my tender Achilles heel area examined.  The doctor didn't have a conclusive diagnosis, but her advice to ice it and stay off of it is advice I'll follow as much as I can.  I don't think it's a recurrence of staph infection, but agree with her that it's possibly tendonitis of the Achilles.  The good news is that is only hurts when I put weight on it, so it doesn't hurt when I'm sitting or when I'm sleeping.  I hope this goes away soon.  So much of what I enjoy in life has me on my feet:  walking to the bus, working in the yard, going on photo strolls, etc.  I don't want to be off my feet for very long.

2.  To continue to treat the slight cold I have, I returned to Izakaya Meiji for another steamy Sumo Wrestler Hot Pot and it was very pleasing.  I also enjoyed seeing Maya (it had been a while), former 16 Tons employee, and Elliot, who bartends at Izakaya Meiji and drinks beer with a bunch of on Thursday at 16 Tons.  Elliot mixed me a superb hot toddy, which also affected me medicinally.

3.  The Deke is back from her visit to the East Coast.  I like life around the house better when she is home.

No comments: