Saturday, April 5, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 04/04/14: Iceman, Friends of Vitality, Friday Night House Party

1.  The pain in my heel subsided and moved to my big toe and I didn't mess around with it.  I went straight to the ice and then I walked a little over a mile to Brails Espresso for coffee with MB, Michael, and Jeff and it was not problem.  Iced it again when I got home just to keep the inflammation away and it worked.  I'm feeling like George Gervin:  Iceman.


2.  There's so much going on among us:  the lives and minds of MB, Jeff, and Michael are full of vitality and interesting things happening whether at LCC, going to the theater, in La Push, or back in South Carolina.  We had lots to talk about at coffee today.

3.  After a light bite at Billy Mac's, the Deke and I returned home.  For some reason, the Deke's consciousness had been invaded and was being occupied by the jingle from the 1977 Lowenbrau commercial ("Here's to good friends/Tonight is kind of special.....Let it be Lowenbrau").  She couldn't stop herself from singing it.  Or whistling it.  I played it on YouTube about nineteen times.  Then I played about a half an hour worth of Miller Lite ads.  I then played some "Weekends were made for Michelob ads" and then I played, for our mutual pleasure, two different YouTube vids of a string of t.v. ads from the 50s, 60s, and 70s.  I ended the night with eight or nine minutes of old television cigarette ads.  This was our Friday night.  This was our party.  This is how we roll.  No one told us about how old television ads on YouTube can keep a marriage mirthful.  We just figured it out.  All by ourselves.

No comments: