Saturday, July 12, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 07/10/14: Up and At 'Em, Gorgeous Montana, Gourmet Whopper

1.  The Deke and I roused ourselves out of bed at 5 a.m. and by 6:30 we were packed up and on the road, heading for Rapid City, SD.

2.  The vastness and variety of Montana's landscape excites me and I enjoyed every mile from the top of Lookout Pass, the outskirts of Missoula, the climb of the Continental Divide out of Butte, and the open spaces stretching into infinity out of Billings.  I enjoyed the little corner of Wyoming we drove through and was really happy, after about 14 hours of driving to fall into bed at the Super 8 in Rapid City.

3.  The Deke and I plow when we drive and only stop for fuel and to relieve ourselves and give the dogs a chance to do the same. . . so, we hardly ate a thing as we drove and I've never had a Whopper from Burger King taste more gourmet than it did tonight with a large order of fries in our snug little room at Super 8. 

No comments: