Sunday, September 28, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 09/27/14: Before Kohl's, At Kohl's, After Kohl's

1.  I found Kohl's.  I drove to Kingstowne center and drove for about forty-five minutes all over the parking lot, looking for Kohl's and it was nowhere so I found a parking spot and called the Deke, hoping she could help me find Kohl's.  Turns out Kohl's wasn't in the mall, but across the boulevard from the mall next to WalMart.  I was so relieved to have found Kohl's that I went straight to the East Asian Bistro and ate a bowl of Won Ton Soup and a plate of combo Lo Mein Noodles.  I, then, drove to Kohl's.

2.  At Kohl's I bought furnishings for the kitchen:  cast iron skillets, four sets of peacock Fiesta ware, silverware, a new ELECTRIC FRYING PAN, and some other things.  I was checked out by the nicest, most helpful checker in the world who helped me sign up for a Kohl's credit card so I got a 30 per cent discount on my purchase.  Therefore, when the 30 per cent off was combined with all the in store sales I took advantage of, I saved close to a million dollars today at Kohl's.  Later, I added to our kitchen supplies at Target.  I didn't save a million dollars at Target.

3.  After I found Kohl's, and after I saved a million dollars at Kohl's, I went to Giant and bought some Pumpking beer and a sampler six pack of Flying Dog Imperial Pumpkin, Devil's Backbone Pumpkin, Flying Dog Oyster Stout, Founder's Raspberry Ale, Southern Tier Porter, and a Festina Peche by Dogshead.  Allison, Molly, the Deke, and I all tried different beers.  The women knit.  I followed all the latest news on twitter and ESPN.  We capped off the evening when Allison surprised all of us by ordering about six or seven dishes of carry out Chinese food from Chin's kitchen.  What a climax!

No comments: