Sunday, October 5, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 10/04/14: A Day with Molly, Surviving IKEA, Margarita Party

1.  Molly, the Deke, and I had a day together that began with a tour of the new apartment and Molly not only helped me bring a dresser in from out of the car, not only put up our shower curtain and liner, but she helped the Deke come up with ideas about how to furnish our living room and dining space.  We were ready for IKEA, but needed to fortify ourselves first and went to the college football supersonic noise chamber and ate lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings.

2.  IKEA did not have nearly the dizzying effect on me today when I was with Molly, an IKEA pro, and with the Deke, especially because they both knew what they were looking for and how to go about it and I enjoyed telling them what I wanted when it came to the kitchen, the only room in the apartment where I have strong ideas about what I want.  Yes, it was a marathon visit.  But, we got a lot done and tomorrow will be assembly day and Molly is a pro at IKEA assemblage.  (I also enjoyed all the responses people wrote me, either via email or on Facebook about my first visit to IKEA and it was heartening to know that I am not alone in having IKEA make me car sick.)

3.  I went down to ABC liquor store upon our return, bought a bottle of tequila and margarita mix, and then went to Safeway to get a couple of oranges, a couple limes, and a bottle of Sprite.  I was ready to make margaritas and went beyond putting tequila and the mix together and included fresh squeezed orange juice, a splash of Sprite, and fresh squeezed lime juice in mine.  We ended the day with a margarita party.  It went really well. 

No comments: